Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I wanna get started in SX programin! any ideas? — Parallax Forums

I wanna get started in SX programin! any ideas?

HenrymouHenrymou Posts: 128
edited 2007-01-17 03:06 in General Discussion
jumpin.gifyeah.gifturn.gif

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-01-16 12:13
    Are you asking about what hardware you need ? Or are you looking for a project to do ?

If you are looking for starter hardware, it's here : http://www.parallax.com/sx/programming_kits.asp

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman
  • HenrymouHenrymou Posts: 128
    edited 2007-01-16 15:12
    I am lookin for a project 2 build, not anyhardware, I already know what hardware to buy, but thanks!
    maybe I'll buy some stuff from u.
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2007-01-16 15:48
    If you want to build up a couple of projects that use the SX chip and learn
    about it I would suggest getting one of the starter kits with the SX Key for
    programming and the SX/Key software. If you want to use SX/B just
    open the Help file and look at the examples there. You'll find several
    projects that you can build with example code. Use that as a starting
    point. I did something similar to the mutliplexed 7 segment displays but
    instead drove a 5x5 LED matrix module i've had sitting for years. It
    was a good starter project which used an interrupt routine to refresh
    the display.

Good luck,

Robert
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-01-16 16:15
    Yeah, the SX/B help file examples are a great place to start and get project ideas.

What kind of stuff are you interested in ?

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com
    Stuff I'm selling on ebay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhittconsultingQQhtZ-1

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population." - David Letterman
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,071
    edited 2007-01-16 16:45
    If you're really serious, get the Professional Development Board -- this will give you the freedom to create any number of projects for the SX28. Nothing slows down the learning process more than an messy construction project just to test code on. With the PDB and a few spools of 22-gauge wire you can let your imagination go wild. And when you're really happy with the results, then you can move it to something more permanent.
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2007-01-16 17:48
    I would have to agree with JonnyMac. The Professional Development Board (PDB) is great! I can use it for Basic Stamp 2 and / or SX-28 projects too. I hardly ever use my BS2 Board of Education anymore.·The PDB·has everything you can use for your projects. However, like any project, you will need individual components and wire for it and may need a Parallel or Serial LCD module too.
    edited 2007-01-16 21:03
    thank you guys fo yo advice yeah.gif I already have a lot of christmas nmoney and I will nbuy this thanks!!!!!!!!!!! yeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gif
  • JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 9,071
    edited 2007-01-17 00:03
    It will be a great investment in your embedded programming future, Henry. There aren't many guarantees in life, but I can guarantee that.
    edited 2007-01-17 03:06
    rolleyes.gif thank u! uhh how do i delete a topic? sad.giftr>  <tr><td class=